August 1, 2017
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with West Park, we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
“Personal Information” that can be used to uniquely identify you individually such as:
– Information you provide online such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. To continuously improve your service and tailor our subsequent communications to you, we may also ask for additional information, such as your demographics, comments, professional interests, and contact preferences;
– Transaction information you provide when you donate online such as credit card information and payment information.
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our West Park pages, certain personal data may be shared with us about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g. interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments you have posted etc.).
Anonymous information that does not personally identify you:
– When you visit our websites, open e-mails we send, or use our applications on third-party websites or platforms, we collect: usage, GEO location, web pages visits on our website, web browser, and technical data (such as your device identifier or IP address).
What we do with the information we collect/store and how we may share the information
West Park never sells, rents, leases, or exchanges your Personal Information to third parties. Your Personal Information will only be shared if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of West Park, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
The identity of all who contact us through this website will be kept confidential. Use of Personal Information will be limited to the internal purposes of West Park and only to further our ministry activities and purposes.
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with us in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering an account with West Park;
- Providing online donations;
- Your communications with us. These may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests you addressed to us;
- Communicating with West Park representatives by email or phone or in writing;
- Participating in a promotion, game or competition;
- Participating in a social media activity related to a West Park promotion (for example clicking “like” or “share”);
- Asking to receive messages on your mobile phone/device;
- Subscribing to a West Park newsletter;
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys;
- Social sign-on (using your Facebook or LinkedIn credentials, for example, to create an account or log on);
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites;
- Social Listening: We may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve services.
Server Logs. Our servers automatically record information that your browser sends and the Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the web page from which you came to us whenever you visit our websites. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, search terms and may include a domain name and the date and time for each page you view. We also collect the name of and information about any advertisement or other link that brought you to us. This information does not personally identify you. We use IP addresses to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites. Your IP address also is used by us to gather broad demographic information, such as your general geographic location and internet service provider. IP addresses are further used to help determine the number of our users to maintain efficient administration of our Services. This demographic information may also be used by us to analyze aggregate usage behavior.
Communications. If you email us, we may store copies of such email or similar communications between you and us. This can result in the collection of your email address or other personally identifiable information you may have in your email text, addresses, or other fields, as well as the collection of the your IP address, the Internet or other routing of your communication, and the date and time of your communication. All transmissions between you and us, including emails, URLs, cookie identification numbers, usage paths, and any personally identifiable information they might contain, pass through many third party machines, operating systems, programs, browsers, web servers, networks, routers, Ethernet switches, ISPs, proxy servers, intranets, the public telephone systems, or other devices, any of which may create activity logs containing such transmissions, and many of which we cannot control. When you send email, feedback, comments or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, improve our Services, and may post or use such communications without any obligation to you.
How we use the information
West Park uses your information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with better service. Consistent with local law and choices and controls that are available to you, we may also use your information to:
- Provide you with information you request;
- Complete any transactions you request or issue donation tax receipts. Credit card numbers are used only for donation processing and are not retained for any other purposes.
- Communicate with you about your donor account or transactions with us;
- Send you information about our ministry or features on our websites;
- Personalize content and experiences on our websites;
- Provide advertising about our ministry activities based on your activity on our websites and on third-party web sites and applications;
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations; and
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
How we protect your personal data
The security of your information and Content is important to us. If we collect information from your computer, we encrypt it while it’s being transferred to us. Once the information reaches our secure servers, as part of our security program, we employ procedures and safeguards, such as maintaining firewalls and having an intrusion detection system, to protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of the information we maintain. However, as with any information travelling over the internet and kept in servers, we cannot guarantee absolute security.If you send us an email, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. Therefore, if your communication will include sensitive information like your bank account, charge card, or social security number, and you prefer not to transmit it electronically, please contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than email. We do not send emails asking for a user’s username and password or its Windows® username and password or any other username or password.
When you participate in various social media forums like Facebook, Twitter, Yammer, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc., you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the personal data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on our pages), certain personal data may be shared with us about your online activities and social media profiles (e.g., interests, marital status, gender, user name, photo, comments and content you have posted/shared etc.).
Do Not Track Signals
We take privacy and security very seriously, and strive to put our website users first in all aspects of our operation. We utilize cookies to help you get the most out of the West Park pages.
Please be aware that we currently do not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
On the West Park pages, Flash cookies may also be used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting the Adobe website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across our websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your personal data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-West Park-owned or -managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
How to contact us
If you determine that information in our database is inaccurate or has changed, you may modify the previously provided information by using our Contact Us form.