God is Our Fortress
God is Our Fortress, Our Protector
And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. – II Samuel 22:2-4
Peace Through Strength
As believers we are confident knowing that God is our protector and we can live with divine peace in our hearts. He guards us from judgement and condemnation, and he defends us from evil and temptation. We are assured of forgiveness, restoration, and renewal. He is our shield and our fortress, our strength and our sanctuary in the day of our need. There is no one stronger and nothing mightier that can withstand the power of God.
Love Conquers All
And there is none who can separate us from His love. He is the guarantor of our souls and in Him only shall we have surety of salvation and the promise of everlasting life. Who shall challenge the power our Lord? Who shall prevent us from worshiping Him?
He is our father who is unyielding in his love for us, who is so powerful that His blood can wash away all sin. In death He conquered the grave and lives forever so that we should live also. His foundation is sure and unmovable upon which our faith resides. We are sheltered by all that assail us in our trials and tribulations because we can take refuge in the strength of the Almighty.
A Mighty Psalm
Here is one of many portions of scripture speaking of the Lord’s power that can sustain us through all things, Psalms 91:1-16:
- He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
- I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
- Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
- He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
- Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
- Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
- A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
- Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
- Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
- There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
- For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
- They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
- Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
- Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
- He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
==> Learn about We Have Hope Because He Lives.
September 30, 2019
September 28, 2019
August 31, 2019